Kansas State University
Universidad en Manhattan, Kansas
- Founded in 1863, Kansas State University has a celebrated history of more than 150 years of academic excellence. Founded as a land-grant institution, Kansas State University remains focused on the development of the state, the country and the world through continued research and innovation.
- Manhattan, KS
- Total Enrollment: +4500
- Programs: +60 Master’s degree and 40 doctoral degree programs
Admissions & Academics
- Application Deadlines*:
- January 1 for fall (August) enrollment
- August 1 for spring (January) enrollment
- December 1 for summer (June) enrollment
* Some programs have earlier application deadlines required for those who wish to be considered for funding
- Academic Calendar
- Spring 2015: January 20 – May 15
- Summer 2015: June 8 to August 7
- Fall 2015: August 24 – December 18
- Spring 2016: January 19 – May 13
- Summer 2016: June 6 – August 5
- Fall 2016: August 22 - December 16
- Degrees Offered
Information for International Students
English Program: Students participating in graduate programs are welcome to first enroll in our English Language Program, however they will still be required to submit an official score from either the TOEFL or the IELTS prior to admission to the graduate program.
Each program has specific proof of English proficiency requirements, which can be found on the program website. If a score is not listed on the program page, the minimum score is a 79 ibt TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS.
International Student Services - www.k-state.edu/isss/
Scholarships for International Students –
Generally, funding offered at the graduate level comes in the form of a Graduate Teaching Assistantship, where you would be employed to assist in teaching undergraduate coursework, or a Graduate Research Assistantship, where you would assist in departmental research. These assistantships may pay for part of or all of you tuition fees depending on the appointment. It may also include a monetary stipend.
All scholarships and funding are granted by each academic department independently. The requirements and application process vary. It is important to contact the academic department directly. If you need help determining who to contact, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help!
Housing: Graduate students may choose to live on or off campus. The on-campus option is our Jardine Apartments, which includes 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedroom apartments. Students who choose to live off-campus will find a variety of apartment complexes and rental homes within walking distance of the campus. They can receive advice regarding safety, budgeting, and understanding the lease agreement from our office of Off-Campus Housing Support.
- Tuition: $15,635
- Housing & Food: $11,200
- Books & Supplies: $1,000
Things to do/see
- Local Attractions: www.k-state.edu/oip/intladmit/thinking/locations.html
It is important to keep in mind that specific information about an academic program, research opportunities, and application requirements can be found directly through the individual department rather than the Graduate School.
- Graduate Admission
Kansas State University
102 Fairchild Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506 USA
- Phone: 785-532-6191
- Fax: 785-532-2983